English Entry - A book(s) Review

Sunday, October 3, 2010

http://www.emocutez.comToday I just felt like writing in English. It may not be the most grammatically perfect entry but I am just in the mood for one so do bear with me through the whole nine yards okay..


Just a few days ago, I finally finished a book by an author (to be named later) I had been following for a few years now. I started reading his first book ( The Magician's First Rule - do you know who the author is already?) years and years ago. Goodness, I wasn't even married back when. But I loved it. Loved the story of the underdog being the most powerful wizard of all.. Then I found out there was a book 2. I can't recall the title but it was as good as the 1st installation. Finished it in no time, I am telling you.http://www.emocutez.com


After that, I went looking for the next episode of the book and somehow I couldn't find it. Back then, I couldn't actually buy the books without having to count the cents left for food. I was a regular at the Rent-A-Book Store in Central Market back then. So soon enough I totally forgot about the 3rd part of the story, until I was carrying my 4th child and went in MPH in Subang Jaya. 


I was browsing around when I saw that title again - The Magician's First Rule. I had forgotten the content of the story so I actually bought the book. Nostalgia played a big role here.. And also because now I could actually check for the subsequent chapters to the story. Was I in shock. There were like 8 or more books on the adventure. Each paperback is about 3 inches thick ( a door-stopper my husband says). I was like "Oh dang! I have to have each one of it" So I bought the first 2, followed by the 3rd section of the story, and the 4th and the 5th.. Man, this isn't even a trilogy or a heptalogy..I don't even know what -logy to call it..http://www.emocutez.comMaybe it is one ill-logy-ically long story. Pun unintended though coz I do really love reading them. 


So when I went back to buy the 6th, 7th and 8th book, it seemed harder to get than the rest and I had to wait for either restock or resale or something. By then I was ready to deliver. Attention paid to baby and one year later, again browsing through MPH I found the last part of the whole darn story. Finally decided I didn't need to go through the rest of the chapters that I missed. Most of the characters were still there, recognizable. One or two were new but I could imagine where and when they came in.. and the story finally ended, happily. Hah! That would be the last time I followed an epic written in so many episodes.. It is quite exhausting to keep up with. Anyway, the author is Terry Goodkind, actually. Wonderful storyteller. If he wasn't one, I wouldn't have wanted to keep reading those books, would I?

http://www.emocutez.com
So if you wish to read these books.. just remember that everything comes to an end in the end.. :P


Thank you..
 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada